May 20, 2012

under the same roof

I'm finally back in New Zealand after 1.5 years! The journey here wasn't the easiest of trips though. After being serverly delayed on United Airlines in America me and a bunch of other kiwi's and aussies missed our flight to Auckland...thankfully after much persuading and smiling, United put us up in a hotel for the night and we were booked onto the next flight home...24hours later! It was a beautiful day out in San Francisco though and we took advantage of the sunny day before heading home to winter!

My arrival home couldn't have been better. Katie met me in Auckland airport for a flat white (out of a real coffee cup) and a much needed catchup before i jetted off again to Queenstown. Mum and Dad picked me up and we enjoyed s beautiful drive through the Kawarau Gorge to Alex....where to my surprise Rosie and Chris were waiting for me...with the jug boiling and a pot of soup on the range :) we enjoyed our first family lunch together at our home in 3 years!! It couldn't have been more perfect!

Here are a few of my favourite quotes/things from my first 24 hours at home:
#1 On first seeing Rosie "man your bony", in which i replied "look at your boobs!!"
#2 "Do you want a cuppa?", "Yea, il take mine with a splash of milk"
#3 getting a grab in before my run
 #4 getting in some one on one time with Chris while he accompanied me on my run
#5 a stocked fridge
#6 fresh vegetables out of our own garden
#7 cocktail hour in front of the fire while watching the Netball
#8 lamb, roast potatoes, pumpkin and blue cheese cauliflower for dinner
#9 Chocolate cake made by Rosie and Tip-Top ice cream for dessert
#10 my family all under the same roof again!

No comments:

Post a Comment