June 5, 2012

escaping the cold deep south

Another weekend and another adventure here in the deep south! I headed up to Christchurch to run my first race in 7 months and catch up with my many friends in the running community (and to escape the cold in Alex!)
I ran the 10km road race which was part of the Christchurch City Marathon and Half Marathon...we were lucky enough to get a 2 hour window in the middle of stormy weather for near perfect racing conditions! Last time i raced this in 2009 it was sleeting/raining/windy/FREEZING! This year was rather pleasant indeed. Plus i got to room with Shireen, great roomie..if she jumped on beds she may be right up there with Rach ;)
saturday night carbo loading (including vino) at the hotel before our early morning start...
run run run...photo's here and results here
post race lunch with my family in Christchurch and a sneaky family shot!
below = evidence of the growth spurt due to mum's home cooking...actually, Shireen just makes me look like a hunchback giant!
our evening relaxing: spa, beer, thai food, wine and plenty of good laughs with the christchurch and ex-otago runners
beautiful views of the land of the long white cloud on my flight home...
...home to Bella who spent the weekend outside in the cold with me and my parents away, she was very happy to be back in front of the fire!
Had a great weekend away and it was so great catching up with old mates! Excited now to be back racing after shaking out those 7 month old cobwebs!

Night
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment