June 20, 2012

Another year past

Firstly, lets talk Birthdays. A huge big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rachel who was so jealous of me turning 24 she decided to do the same today! Secondly, love, kisses and thank you's to all for the amazing birthday wishes! I had a fabulous day (or two) with my family in Alex with plenty of vino and food involved! Here are some quick notes from the past few days adventures:

Thursday the 14th: Highlights included the hour long bath i took in the middle of the afternoon, with my novel and a couple of cold beers in hand (you can do anything when it's your birthday right!?), and dinner out with mum and friends in which we drunk cocktails from Thyme infused vodka (thyme most likely sourced from the local hills) : no photos of bath tub experience available at the present time.

Friday the 15th: Celebrating my American Birthday at home, with an unexpected visit from my brother Chris, homemade gnocchi and of course, carrot cake. who would have guessed huh ;)


Saturday the 16th: SEEING KATIE!!!!! Flew up North to Auckland to see the sights, escape the cold and catch up with friends and family. I had my first experience of Little and Friday with Katie amongst a day of sight seeing!


Sunday the 17th: Katie attempts first long run in over 9 months. Katie has first art gallery experience..ever. We celebrated her achievements with a night out at Jersey Boys



Monday the 18th: I woke up on the North Shore to the most beautiful view of the harbour bridge. I GOT MY VISA!! Watch out America! Plus dinner with family, including my Uncle Nevil, who can still drink me under the table at 90years old. 



Tuesday the 19th: Second experience of Little and Friday, North Shore location (im hooked too easy!); coffee with Thomas and wines with Hannah and Ruth, my long lost flatties. 


Wednesday the 20th: A long run in shorts (oh yea, pretty much the most exciting aspect of today) before our flight back home to the chilly Alex winter!




No comments:

Post a Comment